Ready for a fast slap in the face? A bite on your brain that’s cold as an ice queen? Here’s source material for you to consider in this week’s Flash Fiction Writing Challenge:
- 3 cups brewed coffee, cooled
- 2 (8-ounce) containers mascarpone
- 5 eggs, separated
- 14 ounces savoiardi cookies (firm ladyfingers)
- 4 ounces sugar, plus 2 tablespoons or more, for the coffee
- 2 shots rum or Italian Marsala, optional
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup shaved dark chocolate, to garnish
Special equipment: Moka coffee pot that serves 12 (3 cups coffee).
See the recipe’s directions on The Cooking Channel.
As always, if you’d like to share what you write, use the hashtag #FlashFridayFic to join the general Friday flash fiction crowd, and please feel free to share it with me, too. My Twitter handle is @SusanRicker.